Advantages and disadvantages of casting:
1. It can produce parts with complex shape, especially blanks with complex inner cavity.
2. Wide adaptability. The metal materials commonly used in industry can be cast, several grams to hundreds of tons.
3. Raw materials come from a wide range of sources and are inexpensive, such as scrap, scrap, chips, etc.
4. The shape and size of the castings are very close to the parts, which reduces the amount of cutting and belongs to non-cutting processing.
5. It is widely used. 40%~70% of agricultural machinery and 70%~80% of machine tools are castings.
1. Mechanical properties are not as good as forgings, such as coarse structure, many defects, etc.
2. In sand casting, single piece and small batch production results in high labor intensity of workers.
3. Casting quality is unstable, there are many processes, and the influencing factors are complex. It is easy to produce many defects.
Category of foundry products:
Common casting metals: 1. Gray iron 2. Ductile iron 3. Malleable iron 4. Cast steel;
Common cast nonferrous metals: 1. Brass 2. Tin bronze 3. Wuxi bronze 4. Aluminum alloy.